Different types available
- Rolling doors: These doors are constructed making use of the galvanised steel, aluminium or stainless steel that is coiled around the drum for opening and closing. These doors usually offer weather protection and low sound transmission. When you opt for the rolling doors, then you can find ample colour choices in the market as well. You can go with white, tan, brown or grey colour.
- Security Shutters: These Security Shutters are perfect when you want to use them in pharmacies. These doors work well when you do not intend to sacrifice on the aesthetic options. You can get the finishing of your choice when you opt for the security shutters. You can either opt for powder grain finish or the wood grain.
- Glass/Aluminium doors: These are sectional doors having the glass panels. These doors work perfectly well when you need visual access and light transmission as well. If you are looking for this overhead door for commercial purpose, then you can get a huge variety of finish options and glazing materials.
- Sectional doors: Usually the sectional doors are made from galvanized steel and they tend to have this internal insulation.
How to make your choice
- Doing your research: When you have decided to opt for an overhead door, then first you should research your options online. You can even visit social media websites like Pinterest to get a better idea regarding the door you need to choose.
- Choosing the correct material: You have to keep many factor into consideration when you are choosing the door material. For example, if you decide to opt for a steel garage door, then it does tend to last long. However, the only issue is that if you have kids at home, then there are chances that the door can get dented with a ball provided your kids plays in the driveway. Wood doors are also a great option but you have to remember that wood doors require maintenance.
- Choosing insulation or not: Another important decision you should consider when opting for a garage door is whether you should opt for an insulation or not. If the garage is located adjacent to a room, then the best idea will be to opt for an insulated door. Moreover, if you have detached garage, then you can go with a non-insulated garage door as well.