How to Repair a Garage Door Opener?
- The initial step is the disconnection of the garage door from the opener. For this purpose, making access to the overhead is a primary step. Pulling the rope will release the door from the opener.
- Now you must disclose the door manually. An important step is the detection of the point where the wheels are jumping on the door off the track. Place locking pliers underneath the doors as a stopping device in any one among the tracks.
- In this step, the opening of outside edge of the track is done by pulling a pair of pliers that will result in the getting back the wheel on the track. Immediately after backing of the door on track, the rubber mallet is used to bring the track back into its position. Removal of locking pliers is done at the end.
- In this step, the moving of door is confirmed by raising and lowering of it using the door’s remote control. The repairing procedure will be ensured to be successful if the door opener catches and secures the door release mechanism again and begins to operate the door as soon as the door moves through its cycle
Precautions while repairing a Garage Door Opener
- Examination of those brackets that holds the tracks in place. Loose screws and bolts must be preferred.
- Usually, the movement of the doors makes the screws lose. Tightening them with a wrench will be useful.
- The vertical component of the track must remain straight that can be verified by a carpenter’s level. For this purpose, the brackets should be slightly made loosen. After leveling, they may be made tight again.
- All the steps must be performed with great care and attention.